The Aprilaire Wireless Outdoor Temperature & Humidity Sensor links to the Aprilaire 8910W and 8920W Home Comfort Control Thermostats with multiple control features for convenience and greater efficiency. In Heat Pump mode, the Wireless Outdoor Sensor can be used to efficiently utilize an air source heat pump. For example:
- When the outdoor temperature is less than the Low Balance Point, the heat pump will be locked out and only auxiliary heating will be used.
- When the outdoor temperature is higher than the High Balance Point, the auxiliary heating will be locked out and only heat pump will be used to provide heating.
This accessory also features indoor air quality functions such as humidification and ventilation control as well as outdoor temperature and humidity display on your thermostat.
- Control the humidification setpoint based on outdoor temperature to prevent condensation.
- Lock out humidification for temperatures over 60°F or below -30°F
- Lock out ventilation based on high and/or low outdoor temperatures.
- Display outdoor temperature and humidity on thermostat.